Under the box
1. Select the same product/service (or a number of products/services or a combination of both) fromdyour assignment one, and discussthe influence of different ‘External Factors’ on a
consumer’s decision-making process forthat pro uct or service.
2. The discussion need to include the influences of reference groups; the family; social class; cultural and sub-cultural aspects; impact ofthe cross-cultural consumer behaviour; relevance ofthe opinionleaders and diffusion of innovations and the importance of public policy and consumer protection aspects in relation to the chosen
3. Obviously some theories and concepts in Chapters 7-14 will be more relevant to this assignment.
4. You must choose which ones are more relevant and explain why they are more relevant.
5. You must applythe concepts and theories you have learned from your reading ofthe text to the selected product/service and consumer decision-making process and not just list or describe them.
In your answer you must argue forwhythe external factors you have chosen are more important in terms of influencing a consumer’s
decision-making for your example/s product or service than the ones you haven’t chosen. In other words, you need to demonstrate that you
understand the influence that these factors are having on a consumer, decide which are more influential than others and explain why they are
more influential. You must also include the impact ofthe concept of diffusion of innovations in your discussion.
You must use correct referencing ofthe textbook and other resources used in your assignmentto passthe assignment. Use of more references may attract higher
marks. Marks will be deducted for incorrect referencing and poor presentation (ie., spelling and grammar). lfthere is no referencing in
your assignment it will be deemed to be plagiarism and the plagiarism policy will be enforced. You will receive a higher mark for applying a
critical analysisto your discussion.
Please refer to the marking template below forthe way in which the marks will be distributed. Also
referto the grading system outlined in this unit guide for how grades are given forthe assignment.