Educational Implications for Students with Physical and Health Impairments
i) Identify a minimum of 10 accommodations and/or modifications that the teachers used to assist students with physical and/or health impairments. Describe them in detail and then evaluate them according to research findings from a minimum of five references. Make suggestions regarding more appropriate accommodations and/or modifications. This section of your essay is entitled Research-based Evaluation of Accommodations and/or Modifications.
ii) Select three accommodations/modifications to implement with a student who has a physical or health impairment (you may use three different students if desired). Implement them under the auspices of the mentor teacher. Have your classroom teacher complete the Classroom Teacher Evaluation Form, which should be submitted along with the Benchmark Assessment. Conduct the implementation with the following questions in mind for the section of the essay entitled Self-evaluation of Accommodations/Modifications Implementation:
(1) What were the accommodations/modifications you implemented? Why did you choose them?
(2) Did the implementation of the accommodations/modification unfold smoothly and effectively? Why or why not?
(3) What element(s) of the accommodations/modification was/were most effective?
(4) What aspect(s) of the accommodations/modification was/were difficult to facilitate? Did it negatively impact the overall success of the lesson? How so?
(5) How did you interpret the level of student engagement and motivation during the implementation of the accommodations/modifications? How would you suggest it to be modified to heighten its effectiveness?
(6) Defend your use of, or your rejection of, each accommodations/modification within this section of the essay.
iii) Write a 1750-2000 word essay that encompasses the three sections. Ensure that responses to the above questions are inherent within the essay and not simply short answer. Use standard essay format in APA style, including an introduction, conclusion, and title page. An abstract is required. Cite in-text and in the References section.
iv) Submit the following materials to your instructor by Module 6.